Redbubble exists for you to share and sell your best creative works. The community welcomes artists of all experience levels practicing in various mediums and genres. Please be respectful and considerate of others and their work.
We ask that you practice self-moderation in what you choose to upload and mark work as Mature Content where appropriate. The things you see and read on Redbubble may include some content you do not like or agree with. You always have the choice to click away, enable the safe filter while browsing, or request that the work be reviewed.
Putting content on Redbubble as per the User Agreement, you keep the copyright of any content you submit or upload to the website. In order to receive the Redbubble services you grant Redbubble a non-exclusive royalty free license to use and archive the content in accordance with or as reasonably contemplated by this agreement.
When you submit or upload content on the Redbubble website you represent and warrant that:
- you own all copyright in the content, or if you are not the owner, that you have permission to use the content, and that you have the right to display, reproduce and sell the content. You license Redbubble to use and sub-license the content in accordance with this agreement;
- you and your content do not and will not infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of any person or entity, including copyright, moral rights, trade mark, patent or right of privacy;
- you or your content, and your use, storage, reproduction and display on the website will comply with all applicable law, rules and regulations;
- your content does not contain material that defames or vilifies any person, people, races, religion or religious group and is not obscene, pornographic, indecent, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable;
- your content does not include malicious code, including but not limited to viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or any other computer programming routines that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, program, data, or personal information;
- your content is not misleading and deceptive and does not offer or disseminate fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions
Redbubble reserves the right to review and if necessary remove any content from the website or to cancel your account at its sole discretion. In addition to these conditions, Redbubble has produced a set of guidelines describing how we strive to administer the site. These guidelines can be found here.
Why have I been suspended?
Your account may be suspended for a few different reasons.
- Your account was identified as spam
- There was fraudulent activity connected to your account
- Your account was found to be in violation of our Intellectual Property or Community published policies and has been disabled
For more information, please have a look at this article here.
My other account or friend's account was suspended and now I can't log in
Unfortunately one of the side affects of suspending an account, is that it will automatically block any other accounts our system finds to be connected with it or that appears to be the suspended member signing up a new account. This process is automated and based on a number of different factors. This can only be avoided by the original account avoiding suspension in the first place.
- When your other account or friend's account is un-suspended you should also be able to log in again
- If the account has been closed, or the offensive was a serious one, you may not be able to log in to Redbubble again
- You can arrange to close an account that you no longer have access to by submitting a request here
I haven't visited Redbubble in months and I'm suspended
We use the same error message for suspended and closed accounts. Chances are, you closed your account a long time ago and will need to sign up again. If your account still exists you will be able to find it by typing in the address directly: www.redbubble.com/people/YOURUSERNAME (if this results in an error page, your account is closed)
- If your account is closed sign up again with a different username
- If your account exists but is suspended, please submit a request through this link here.
Automatic suspensions for SPAM accounts
If enough people report Bubblemail from you as inappropriate, your account may be suspended automatically without notice. We do this to stop SPAM robots from Bubblemailing everyone. You will not be auto-suspended by people reporting your artwork, designs or writing. It only happens with Bubblemail reports. Also, if the same person reports lots of your Bubblemail, this will not cause your account to be suspended - the reports need to come from different people.
- If you are a nasty SPAM robot you probably aren't reading this, but if you are... Tough luck. You're locked out.
- If you are a well meaning person who sent a few too many spammy sounding Bubblemail and are sorry, let a member of our staff know what happened through this link here.
What happens to my profile while suspended?
If you are suspended, you will not be able to login to your account and your work will not be available for sale or show in search results for the duration of your suspension.
Reviewing your content
This article is intended to assist people with reviewing their content on Redbubble after a concern or objection has been raised.
When someone reports your work, comments or Bubblemail it's easy to feel offended or to react defensively. Many reports are made with the best intentions by people who simply want to alert you to something. Where possible, we trust the artist to review their content against Redbubble Etiquette and the User Agreement to act to resolve the concern.
Reasons people might report a work
- a reasonable person would find it offensive or consider it a personal attack
- concerns about copyright or trademark
- unrelated tags have been used to describe the work
- a reasonable person would consider it pornographic
- it contains nudity and/or sexual imagery and the model looks under 18 years old
- the work is within Redbubble's guidelines, but should be marked Mature Content
- the work has been added to unrelated groups
Ways people have successfully resolved a concern
- de-publishing or hiding works
- editing titles and descriptions
- writing an apology
- removing the work from unrelated groups
- removing unrelated tags
- doing nothing and letting the issue settle
- closing their Redbubble account
- obtaining permission from the copyright holder
If you are unable to resolve the concern or need some support to do so, you can contact us by responding to the notification emails that are sent when a concern is reported.
Lawyer - Optician - Reading the fine print by Mike Savad