If your upload is failing to complete or is slower than usual, there may be a network issue related to your computer or your network. The important thing is not to panic!
First off, check our @RedbubbleStatus Twitter account in case anything on the site is down or under maintenance. If everything looks okay there, try these tips:
- Double check your File Format and Dimensions (no larger than 300MB)
- Clear your cookies and cache (always a good practice).
- Try a different web browser, device or connection.
- Update your browser or operating system.
- Try adding uploading.redbubble.com to any trusted or safe lists in your software.
If the basic steps don’t work, there are some other things you can try:
- If you are using a VPN to change your online location, disable it or any other extensions/add ons that may be interfering with your browser.
- Reset your modem by turning the power off for a minute and then turning it back on.
- If you connect to the internet through a router, try connecting your computer directly into the modem.
- If you connect to the internet wirelessly, move your computer closer to the wireless access point.
- If you are using a work computer or other networked computer, speak to your network administrator about any filters or settings which might be affecting your use of Redbubble.
- If your ISP is Kaspersky Internet, please read more here.
If you have tried all of the above suggestions and haven't been able to get uploading again, please get in touch with our Artist Experience team with the following details:
- Copy the above list and explain what happened when you tried each suggestion.
- Which web browsers you have tried using (including version numbers)
- Which operating systems you have tried (including version numbers)
- A screenshot of any error you might be receiving
This additional information is essential for us to help you as much as we can!