Linking a Google Analytics account to your Redbubble profile allows you to track your visitors & how your works are doing. These insights help you target your marketing, identify gaps in your audience, and inform the type of work you want to create going forward.
If you already have Google Analytics, we've set up a handy guide in our forums - if you don't, please read on!
This article will cover:
- Create a new Google Analytics account or add a new profile to your existing GA profile.
- Make sure Website is selected under What would you like to track?
- When asked for your website URL, enter www.redbubble.com. Google Analytics does not need your specific Redbubble page name or details to run properly. You should name your entries to make it easier when managing multiple services in your GA account.
Note: You do not need to select a value for the Industry Category setting.
- Click Get Tracking ID, then read and accept the Terms of Service. This will lead you to the 'Tracking ID', which should look something like this: UA-XXXXXXXX-X.
- Take note of your Tracking ID for the next step.
- Once logged in to Redbubble, select Account Details from the right drop down menu.
- On the next left hand menu, select Google Analytics and enter your 'Tracking ID' into the field Web Property ID.
- Select Save Changes before proceeding to apply your GA tracking ID to your Redbubble artist profile.
- For existing Google Analytics users, first click on the Admin tab and select Create New Property from the Property drop down menu.
- Follow the steps described in the above section 'Setting Up Google Analytics' to complete setting up the new profile.