When it comes to uploading your images to Redbubble we prefer big, high-resolution original files which make fantastic prints. And when we say big we're really referring to the number of pixels in a file.
The file size (in MB) is actually not the best indicator of whether a file is suitable for printing on Redbubble. In the example below, the image has is 3.04 MB (quite small) and a resolution of 3779x1974 (reasonably large). Kooky, right? A file that may look quite small is actually totally suitable for printing at large sizes, all because of those pixels.
Below are the resolution thresholds for every one of our products. Take note that larger sized designs will be scaled down to fit the smaller dimensions, whereas smaller designs will not be scaled up. As this handy video explains, our uploader will stop a design from being added to certain products if it doesn't meet their minimum requirements. If you'd like to use a single image file for every product, we'd recommend starting with at 13500×11462 pixels (suitable for our king size duvet covers). That way it'll be big enough to fit every product we offer!
- 1300x900 pixels (1 megapixel) more info on cropping, character limits, borders and aspect ratios for cards here
Framed Prints and Stretched Canvas:
- 2400×1600 pixels (4 megapixels) for the small print
- 3240×2160 pixels (7 megapixels) for the medium print
- 3840×2560 pixels (10 megapixels) for the large print
- Extra Small - 2400x2400 pixels
- Small - 3200x3200 pixels
- Medium - 3600x3600 pixels
- Large - 3840x3840 pixels
- Extra Large - 4800x4800 pixels
- 2500×3500 pixels for the smallest print
- 3500×5000 pixels for the medium print
- 5000×7100 pixels for the large print
- 2182x1906 pixels for the months
- 2371x2875 pixels for the cover
- 3840x3840 pixels will cover all sizes up to extra large. Art Prints dimensions can change, floating your different shaped images whilst the paper sizes remain the same. More details on Art Print paper sizes will be available in the 'Product Info section of your product page.
- 2400×3200 pixels will cover the printable area, although you can resize larger images to fit when uploading. The file must be a PNG for transparencies to be saved.
- 2875x3900 pixels
|For more information on Long T-shirts, check out Larger Print Areas for Shirts|
Mens Graphic T-shirts:
- 3873x4814 pixels will cover the printable area. There is further information on graphic tees including an artist's template available over here.
Womens Chiffon Tops:
- 3711x3814 pixels. There is further information on Womens Chiffon tops, including an artists template over here.
Womens Contrast Tanks:
- 3870×4280 pixels. There is further information on Womens Contrast Tank, including an artists template over here.
Womens Graphic Dress:
- 4020×6090 pixels. There is further information on Womens Graphic Dress, including an artists template over here.
Womens A-Line Dress:
- 6310x6230 pixels
- 600x800 pixels for small
- 1100x1100 pixels for medium
- 1700x1700 pixels for large
- 2800x2800 pixels for x-large
- The file must be a PNG for transparencies to be saved. We recommend uploading a file with the maximum pixel requirements (2800x2800 pixels) to ensure your design is available on all 4 sticker sizes
Phone Cases & Skins:
- 1187x1852 pixels will cover the printable area, however you can resize larger images to fit
- 2087×1956 pixels
Laptop Skins & Studio Pouches:
- 4600x3000 pixels will cover the printable area, however you can resize larger images to fit
- Please note slight cropping of the image on the smaller pouches will occur
- 4125x2956 pixels
iPad Cases & Skins:
- 2696x3305 pixels will cover the printable area
- 2625x2625 pixels for the small pillow
- 2925x2925 pixels for the medium pillow
- 3225x3225 pixels for the large pillow
- 2175x2175 pixels for the small tote bag
- 2625x2625 pixels for the medium tote bag
- 2950x2950 pixels for the large tote bag
- 2475x2775 pixels for drawstring bags
Duvet Covers (75 max DPI):
- 7632x6480 pixels for duvets (including bleeding)
- 2700x1624 pixels for standard & tall mug
- 2376x2024 pixels for travel mug
- 4350x4032 pixels for leggings.
- 5748x5748 pixels for scarves.
- 2152x2502 pixels for mini skirts.
- 1756x2481 pixels for spiral notebooks.
- 3502x2385 pixels for hardcover journals.
- 7632x6480 pixels
- 2940 x 2940 pixels
- 4 x 4 & 6 x 6: 1860 × 1860 pixels
The ratio for your work is decided by our systems when you upload an image. It then analyzes the image and applies the closest ratio. If you would like to change the ratio for your image you will need to upload an image at the recommended ratios.
|For more information on gallery board sizes, check out Uploading for the New Gallery Board.|
The best way to do this is to use the Photoshop templates to export image at the perfect size. Alternatively resize your images as per the following preferred aspect ratios & dimensions:
- 1:1 (square) = 3060 x 3060 pixels
- 1:25 = 3360 x 4260 pixels (this is for portrait orientation. Please invert the dimensions for landscape uploads)
- 1:4 = 1560 x 2160 pixels (this is for portrait orientation. Please invert the dimensions for landscape uploads)
- 1:5 = 1260 x 1860 pixels (this is for portrait orientation. Please invert the dimensions for landscape uploads)
This is what your screen should look like in Photoshop when you are setting your pixel requirements:
When uploading your files to Redbubble, we can only accept JPEG or PNG.
TIFF and PDF files won't work correctly and what's more it will make kittens cry, so please don't do that.
Our garment printers only print in the CMYK format so we recommend designing in this colour spectrum as it will give you a better idea of how the final product will look. You will still need to convert to sRGB colour profile to get your works looking as glorious as possible on the site.
Bleeding and cropping
As with all professional printing practices, the actual printed product will often vary slightly from the online preview. We'd advise you to steer away from placing text or borders on the outer edges of the printable areas, as there will always be a small margin for bleed on all printed products.
Other Important notes
- Please do not manually increase the pixel dimensions of your image. We use the number of pixels in an image to determine which sizes are appropriate – if you change the pixel dimensions you will trick our quality control software – but the products will come out looking blocky and horribly pixelated. And not everyone loves that Minecraft look.
- If your image size or format is not right, this might restrict you from saving your work to some products. We automatically determine which products your file can be used to create, so that we only ship creations that both you and we can be proud of.
- Images above 300 MB, or 13500x13500 pixels, cannot be accepted on the site due to the unreasonable load they place on our servers. Keep 'em trim guys.
- Images can pass the minimum threshold for a product without being the same aspect ratio, which can lead to white space or parts of your image being cut off - it's a good habit to check the previews for each product to ensure that everything fits and make changes (add background colour, use tile feature etc) if needed!