Once you’ve set up your profile, you can now start adding work to your portfolio. This article will walk you through the ins and outs of adding work, making adjustments, enabling and disabling products, and thinking out your titles and descriptions.
- Adding and Adjusting Work
- Titles, Tags and Work Settings
- Enabling and Disabling on Product
- Kids Clothes
- Replacing Images
- Uploading Trouble
- To add a new work, click on your profile pic in the upper right corner. In the drop down, select Add New Work.
- From the Add New Work Page you can either
- click Upload to All Products
- or click Copy settings from existing work if your new work has similar settings to a listing you’ve created previously. Next, choose the work you want to copy and click on the cog. Select Copy and Replace all images with your new design. Tags, margin percentage, and even background color all transfer over smoothly, meaning no added work for you.
- A window will appear. Pick the design you want to upload. Click open or drag from your desktop. Once the upload completes, add a title, tags, and description. You may also select a universal background color for all products that allow for it. Keep in mind for stickers and some shirts this feature is not enabled.
- Scroll down to the product preview section. Click edit and adjust your design on each product as desired.
- Once you’re happy with the look of your design, click Apply changes and move on to the other products.
We highly recommend viewing your work on each item to ensure they’re all store-ready.
Once you’ve added work you can add Titles, Tags, and descriptions.
- Title your work (describing your work is best, as it makes it easier for your audience to find)
- Include at least 15 descriptive tags. Think of how your audience would search for this work, and use words to describe it, including your artist name.
- Use commas to separate each tag such as fish, aquatic, etc. This allows our machines to make your work findable.
- Include a unique description to let your audience know what your work is about. This is useful to gain an audience of fans.
- Our multilingual robots will translate tags and descriptions for you so customers who use the website with different language settings will be able to find your work. If you speak German, French, or Spanish, you may add specific tags and descriptions in each of these languages by clicking the checkbox to enter tags and descriptions by language.
- Choose two kinds of media that describe your art.
- If you have a Collection, you can add your new design to a Collection. Otherwise, you can skip this.
- Choose your designs default view. If your design looks best on an iPhone case, hit iPhone case. The product must be enabled in order to select it as the default view.
- Decide on your design’s privacy and maturity settings. Private works are only viewable to you and Mature works are only viewable to those who have allowed Mature work to show up in their feed.
Based on the size of your file, the Uploader will automatically enable and disable the products your work is available on. The larger your image, the more likely our system will enable them on larger products. Of course, as the artist, the decision is ultimately up to you.
|Remember: Resolution & file size matter! Smaller files with fewer pixels won’t translate onto larger items. Check out the Dimensions & Format article for more info.|
There are 2 ways to enable/disable certain products.
You can enable/disable the entire line of products.
You can see how many specific products are in a line by the fraction under the product title. Large Print Clothing, for example, has 3 products in the line.
To enable/disable all of the products in that line, you can hit the 'Enabled/Disabled' button under the preview. You’ll know the product line is enabled when the button is green.
You can also enable/disable specific products in a line.
- Scroll to any of the Product categories that have more than one product in the line, like Large Print Clothing.
- Click Edit and your Editing window will appear.
- To the right of the product preview, there is a menu with two options to toggle through: the pencil icon, and the checkmark or cogwheel icon. Click on the checkmark or cogwheel icon.
- This will open up your Availability tab. Checkmarking a product will enable it in the product line.
- Hit Apply changes.
Is it possible to disable or limit certain T-Shirt colors?
We're looking to introduce a t-shirt color limitation feature. We don't have a timeframe for which this will be available just yet, but it’s on our to-do list.
Enabling kids clothes is not automatically applied when you upload your design. If you feel your work is appropriate for this category, you can enable Kids Clothes by following these steps:
- In the Uploader, enable Standard Print Clothing.
- Click on the Edit button.
- Head over to the Availability tab and checkmark the Kids Clothes option.
- Click Apply changes.
It’s important to review how your design sits on each product and to make the necessary adjustments. Apparel looks good with a design that has a transparent background. Leggings might look better if the design were a pattern.
Replacing images is easy in the Uploader.
- Pick the product type you want to replace the image for.
- Click Edit.
- At the top of the pop-up box, hit the Replace image option.
- Pick the image from your computer and hit Apply Changes.
Why isn't my png uploading?
This is an issue we’ve seen with GIMP files. We’re not quite sure what’s causing the problem yet, but you’ll want to use GIMP’s Export As option. When the export dialogue window pops up, click on Advanced Options and deselect Save Exif/XMP/IPTC/thumbnail.
|Please note that there is a daily upload limit of 60 works per day. You can read more about that here.|