|Submitting Your Design
Tag your work with: overthegardenwall, over the garden wall
Accepted Formats: jpg, png; under 300 mb
Recommended Dimensions: 7632 x 6480 pixels
Applies to all fan art submissions in the Partner Program
While your work will include a brand’s Intellectual Property (like a company’s logo or a character from a TV show), it’s important to add something original of your own - make it unique.
Do your research - make sure your design hasn’t already been done.
Don’t submit screenshots or imagery taken directly from the property.
Be mindful of explicit content.
Some brands might be ok with adult content, but others aren’t. Check each brand’s guidelines if you want to know more about what each partner thinks is ok.
Play with styles and mediums.
Get inspiration from the brand - watch, read, or play it again.
*Please Note: it may take 4 or more weeks to review your fan art. Thank you for your patience!
Specific to Over the Garden Wall™
- Do journey through The Unknown with Wirt and Greg, watch Over the Garden Wall chapters to get inspired!
- Do be original with your fan art.
- Do feel free to incorporate or be inspired by icons and elements from the show, not just the characters.
- Do try out various art styles. We promise it’s fun. It’s a rock fact!
- Do be sure to leave the logo as-is if you’re incorporating it into your design. Altered logos will unfortunately not be approved. Download the official logo here.
- Do add ™ to the show name if you’re including it in your design.
- Do make sure if you use a character's name that it is accompanied by the character's image.
- Do focus on creating fan art designs that are more visual. Designs with words, phrases, or quotes will take longer to review and may not be approved.
- Do have fun!
- Don’t use any 3rd party content or ideas, including mash-ups of Over the Garden Wall with other properties.
- Don’t submit unoriginal content such as: show logos used alone, existing merchandise designs, screenshots, plagiarized works, etc.
- Don’t submit works that are obscene, racist, hateful, violent, defamatory, or otherwise inappropriate. Works that are deemed inappropriate will not be approved and taken down by the Beast.
- Don't title or tag work with obscene or inappropriate names. They will not be approved.
- Don't use quotes, words, or phrases that may have a negative intention (e.g. stealing, dead, etc)
- Don't use the following phrases in your fan art:
About Over the Garden Wall™
Over the Garden Wall is an American animated television miniseries created by Patrick McHale for Cartoon Network. The series centers on two half-brothers, Wirt and Greg, who travel across a strange forest in order to find their way home, encountering odd and wonderful things on their journey. The show is based on McHale's animated short film Tome of the Unknown, which was produced as part of Cartoon Network Studios' shorts development program.