We understand that creativity can be a powerful force for change, especially in times of adversity. In order to provide a platform for our artists to share this creativity and promote the health of our shared global community, Redbubble is proud to announce the recent addition of face masks to the product line. While all content that is uploaded and sold on Redbubble must comply with the Redbubble Community Guidelines, there are a few additional guidelines that apply to designs on face masks, due to the serious nature of both the product and the surrounding circumstances.
Artists are not allowed to make any medical, health, or protection claims in connection with the masks they sell on Redbubble (including in their artwork, tags, title, or description) or to lead anyone to believe the mask:
- may prevent infection or the transmission of viruses or diseases, including COVID-19/Coronavirus;
- may prevent, mitigate, treat, diagnose or cure any disease or health condition;
- is a sterile mask, surgical mask, filtering respirator (such as an N95 mask), face shield, or personal protective equipment; or
- is for use in any clinical or surgical setting or where exposure to bodily or hazardous fluids may be expected, where the risk of exposure through inhalation is high, or near intense heat or flammable gas.
Artists must use discretion in enabling designs on masks and ensure that content is respectful and appropriate for a variety of ages. Face mask designs that are in extremely poor taste or otherwise contain the following imagery or messages will be removed:
- Mature content
- Inappropriate Coronavirus-related content
- Deliberately divisive content, designed to taunt or bait others in a harmful way
- Culturally sensitive content may be removed, such as certain religious imagery, icons, flags and coats of arms
- All other content that is disallowed according to the Redbubble Community and Content Guidelines
Redbubble may expand or revise these guidelines as needed.