To get through this tutorial, you’ll need a couple of things:
- Our downloadable Clock Template
- An editing software of your choice (like Photoshop)
Once you’ve downloaded the clock template, pull it up in your editing software and familiarize yourself with the different layers and groups in the template, which will help you customize your design and visualize the final product.
1. Guides: Toggling each of these on will give you a more realistic preview of your finished clock.
- Shadow mask
- Chapter Rings: We offer quite a chapter ring options including numbers, roman numerals, ticks, dots, etc. You can even upload a font to create a custom set of numbers.
- YOUR ARTWORK HERE: This is where you’ll import your design.
- Select the YOUR ARTWORK HERE group, create a new layer, then clicking File > Place Embedded.
- Place and size your artwork. Use the template as a guide and cover the bleed areas to ensure no blank gaps are printed on the final product. Remember, never scale images up because this will cause blurriness and pixelation! If you’re going to resize, be sure to only scale down.
- Choose your chapter rings.
- You can toggle the Guides on and off to get a feel for how your artwork will look on the final product.
- Once you’re happy with your design, turn off the Guides layer set and delete the extra YOUR ARTWORK HERE layer.
- Make sure the chapter rings are visible, whether you selected one from the template or created your own. You should only see your design and the chapter rings now.
- Save the file via File > Save As… and select the PNG format. Ensure ‘Embed Color Profile: sRGB’ is selected.
- Hit Save. You’re ready to upload!