Don’t be fooled by any complicated jargon (and how snazzy we look in pinstripe). We are not your lawyer and this is not legal advice. We recommend contacting an attorney if you need an actual legal consultation.
Rather, this is general information aimed at giving you the legal lay of the land. While we can’t defend you in court, we know that art and IP ownership can be murky territory; the least we can do is arm you with the right kind of knowledge to get you started.
- What’s a copyright and what does it protect?
- How can I copyright my artwork?
- What can I do to ensure that the products I sell on Redbubble don’t infringe someone else’s copyright?
Fair Use and Other Defenses
- What’s fair use?
- How can parody be of fair use?
- Is it okay to upload fan art?
- Is it okay to upload mashups?
- Is it okay to upload an image I found?
- Can I upload and sell the artwork if I have a Creative Commons license or other licenses for it?
- Can I use this artist’s artwork for my personal use?
Someone is Infringing My Rights or the Rights of Another
- What if a user of the Redbubble marketplace is infringing on my rights?
- What should I do if I see something on Redbubble that I think may be infringing on another’s rights?
- What can I do if my works are being used somewhere else on the Internet without my permission?
- How can the Redbubble marketplace help to protect my work from infringement?
Artwork and Account Suspension
- Why has my work been temporarily suspended?
- My original work was suspended for review.
- Can I know what caused a work suspension and how to avoid it in the future?
- How long does it take for works to be reviewed?
- What happens when my work is released from suspension?
- How can I avoid artwork reviews in the future?
- Why was my account suspended?
- I haven't visited Redbubble in months and I'm suspended.
- My other account or friend's account was suspended and now I can't log in.
- Can my suspended account be reinstated?
My Artwork Was Removed
- Why was my artwork removed?
- Why was my artwork removed while other similar ones remain?
- Will I get taken to court or sued if my artwork was removed from the Redbubble marketplace?
- Why was my artwork removed if I photographed or drew it myself?
- Can I get my artwork reinstated?
Restricted and Deleted Accounts