Planning on becoming an independent artist on the Redbubble marketplace? Well, look no further: here's a guide on how to Redbubble, from setting up your own online shop to getting those coins in your pocket.
As an artist, all you need to do is set up shop and upload your designs. A global network of 3rd-party printers and shippers will make sure that orders are made and sent right to your buyers’ doorsteps.
First things first: create an account. It's free, easy, and fast. What more can you ask for?
Just click on the button down below and don't forget to come back to finish setting up your shop and learning all you need to know to get paid on Redbubble.
Now that you have your account, and before you can make a sale; double-check that your profile and account details are ready and revvin’ to go.
1) Head to your Account Details page and make sure your payment information is correct. Here, you can pick and alter your preferred payment method.
You can be paid via direct deposit through:
- A verified PayPal account. Restrictions may apply to some countries. You'll be required to log into your Paypal account upon choosing PayPal as your payment method.
- A bank account, depending on your country of residence and selected currency. Bank transfers are only available to Australian, US, and UK bank accounts. *The system will only accept bank accounts with letters or numbers, so please make sure you’re entering your details with no spaces or dashes!
Things to remember:
- You can’t change your currency, so be sure to choose this carefully at sign up.
- We limit the amount of times that bank details can be re-used across different Redbubble accounts to ensure multiple accounts are not used in a way that interferes with the functionality or integrity of the marketplace.
2) Make sure you’ve confirmed your account. Upon sign up, you should have received an email with a confirmation link. You can double-check whether your account has been confirmed in your Account Settings, under the Payment Details tab.
3) Upload some work (which must be made public to sell)! Remember, you need to have confirmed your account and set up your payment details to make your work sellable.
Yes! Someone’s recognized your genius and has decided to pay you for it.
Look out for the “You’ve Made a Sale!” email, which will include details on what sold, at what price, and what your cut is.
|Remember: the sale is not final until the item is made and shipped out. If your buyer reconsiders and cancels the order before it ships, you won’t be paid.|
You can view every sale you’ve ever made on your Sales History page under Account Details.
If you’re logged in, buying from your own shop doesn’t constitute an official sale! Self-purchases will not appear in your sales history.
After 2-3 days of printing time, the order finally ships and makes its way to the buyer.
It’s official. You’re getting paid. You can check the ‘Order Status’ column in your Sales History. Each confirmed sale will say ‘To Be Paid’ or ‘Paid’.
The official pay cycle begins at the beginning of the month. You are paid for every shipped sale you make once your earnings reach the payment threshold of $20, £20, or €20.
Once your sales have been calculated for the month, an account fee may be deducted from your total earnings, depending on your account tier. The remaining amount will then count towards the payment threshold. For further details on account tiers, check out this article.
If your sales have not shipped by the last day of the month prior or reached the $20 threshold, they carry over to the next pay cycle. You can double-check the sale’s Ship Date & your earnings in your Sales History under the Ship Date column and your earnings in the Artist Payment Dashboard.
Please note: If you signed up a few days before the 1st (and you've already made a sale & reached the threshold), you will need to wait for the next pay cycle to receive your first payment.
Please note: Orders that have been canceled before shipment do not get paid out at all. Also, there is not an option to be paid earlier than the regular pay cycle at this time.
|As of August 2016, we no longer offer checks as a payment method.|
The payout process begins at the beginning of the month, and the payment should land in your account by the 15th.
If they’re going to a PayPal account*, please wait an additional 5 business days.
If your funds are going to a bank account, please wait an additional 7 business days.
*Keep in mind, you may need to log into PayPal to claim your funds.
If you’ve waited the allotted time and still have not received your funds, feel free to get in touch with our Artist Success Team. We’ll be happy to help.
Your money is here. Now, what can we spend it on?
Watch out for the Remittance Advice email, which should give you confirmation for all the sales you made in this Payment Cycle.